1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
|Weight loss resolutions?|
January 3, 2014
I weighed myself today and the scale wasn't as bad as it was a few days ago. My first official weigh in of 2014. 256.6(01/03/14). That's almost back to where I started at the end of 2009. It's scary. Hopefully this time, if I can lose the weight again, that I can keep it off for good.
So, I've come up with 7 ways to help me lose weight…
1. Support! Find people that'll hold me accountable. They'll cheer me on when I'm doing well and push me when I'll falling behind. The more people I can find, the better my chances will be.
2. Use SparkPeople and/or MyFitnessPal to track food and exercise. I know it feels like a chore and I hate it, but it works.
3. Move more and sit less. Exercise!
4. Cut out sugar if it's in the top 3 ingredients…except fruit, homemade goodies and the occasional chocolate. Fruit is the obvious exception. The homemade goodies and occasional chocolate is to help keep me happy.
5. Buy meat, eggs, and cheese from local sources, if possible. Do not support the factory farms. If necessary, eat more vegetarian meals.
6. Drink at least 50 ounces of water and/or tea every day and no more than one 20ounce bottle of diet soda a week (as a treat).
7. Meditate at least 10 minutes a day.
My first goal is to lose at least 6 pounds by Valentine's Day (6 weeks from now).
| || |
Login to select
your favorite journals
"You have not failed until you quit trying." ~Gordon B. Hickley